And ……….The Grey Traveller ‘s eight highlights are ………
- Two Ocean’s Aquarium is right by the Hop On Hop Off Bus Stop and Office and with a bus ticket visitors get a 10% discount. The Aquarium is very easy to navigate and I could have sat for hours being mesmerised by the sharks in the floor to ceiling tank.
- Just sitting sipping a local wine (Hampton and Co Sauvignon Blanc ) watching the world and his husband walk by, can especially recommend La Parada for fabulous views of Table Mountain sometimes with the ‘cloth’ on and sometimes with the ‘cloth’ off but always with tapas!
- Taking tea at Table Bay Hotel is relaxed in a grand setting and with beautiful china and dainty shortbread biscuits.
- Watching the seals argue and fight, make up and snuggle together.
- Wandering through the shops in the Watershed, great art, colourful clothing and souvenirs.
- Art spotting in the Silo District.
- Catching the Hop On Hop Off bus for Table Mountain, Bo Kaap or Camps Bay. It is so easy to buy tickets, there are four routes to choose from taking in the coast, the mountains, downtown or the wine area. Buses are frequent. I bought a two day ticket which cost £7 per day, extremely good value to see the city. Ear pieces are supplied and the commentary is informative and easy to follow.
- Counting the arty rhinos.
The Grey Traveller stayed at the Lawhill Luxury Apartments right on the waterfront area. If you have more highlights that I haven’t included please let me know.